Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Mediocre.....

So the good news is that I HAVE actually been running lately.  I took a long hiatus from March until last month.  But yes, Mel, I am back to running.  And I've registered for the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving Day.  I know that sounds like a long way away, but really, I only have about four months to get in better  shape.  So far, I've run about 28 miles this week.  Would have liked to run more, but the heat got in the way.  Although my psychotic mission does have me running at the hottest part of the day, when the thermostat is reading 93.  Either I've completely lost my mind or I have some deep rooted love of pain.   Either way, I'm sweatin' my way around the golf course at least 4 days a week.  That should get me some where, right?

Now for the bad........, well......... I can't really think of anything bad.  The home situation is the same.  I passed bad a loooooong time ago.  Now it is just blah and blah.  It is frustrating not feeling like I have "my" life, but things could be much, much worse.  I take stock of my surroundings and I am thankful that we are not at war.  I know that it could turn so easily.  But I work very hard at keeping the peace.  Because peace for my children is much more important than any argument I want to win.  Don't get me wrong.....  I sometimes would love nothing more than to scream my head off, pack everything up, kids included and just leave.  But who does that benefit?  What point does it prove?  I think I teach my children more by showing patience, compassion, and the ability to swallow my pride when faced with a tough decision.  It is not being a pushover.  It is taking control of what I have control over, my reactions.

Ok, so now for the mediocre.......  I think I actually addresses that already, ha!  

I guess something I should have a bit more enthusiasm about but am feeling less than cheery is the fact that I get to take my sister to see New Kids on the Block tomorrow night.  Yippee!  She's probably reading this and is very disappointed that I do not share her overwhelming excitement.  I am excited, though, but not about the actual concert itself.  I am truly excited about seeing her joy.  It makes me smile.

Happy Living All!!

0 comments: