Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Project 365: Day 24 - Fleeting chores....

I want to be one of those moms that gets more done in a day than should be humanly possible. Even though I'm a single parent with a full time job, I still feel like there are moms out there that seem so much more productive than I am. I read the blogs of other moms, some single some not, that manage to finish eight hours of work, pick the kids up from school, after having a conference with the teacher, stop by the grocery store on the way home, cook a well balanced dinner that didn't entail dumping frozen nuggets onto a cookie sheet, clear out the dinner mess, get all kids bathed and in bed, and then have time to craft a well written entry detailing how the hell they were able to get all that done in one day. I'm exhausted just typing that.

Maybe I am that productive and I just can't see it from where I stand. On my days blessed with my children's presence, I think about all the things I want (actually need) to accomplish while the boys are with their dad. And when they are with their dad, I am lazy, spending the whole time thinking about everything I want to do with them when they come back home. And all those needed "accomplishments"? They are but fleeting thoughts of less important matters.

So the reading more books, working on photo projects, updating the ITunes, rearranging my closet, vacuuming my car, cleaning the bathrooms (which most definitely MUST be done this weekend), they all get a back seat to the blissful thoughts of two precious beings. Those boys get shot-gun every time.

24 or 365: I actually did play around with a new app tonight (since I am boy-less). but that was ALL I did.


Good Night All!

0 comments: