Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Project 365: Day 3 - I'm Resourceful.......


I use it for many reasons: to make them quit fighting, to make them do something nice for their brother, to make Ethan take turns, to make Chase eat something he wrinkles his nose up at, and ultimately to make them love me more. I'm talking about bribery. Yes, I said it! Whatcha gonna do about it??

I'm sure I'm not the first and nor will I be the last. Sometimes that's all you got when you're in Target and they refuse to quit pinching each other while sitting in that buggy where the seats really only allow enough room for one year olds. (but I'm not complaining....Thank you Target and Walmart and Publix for recognizing that not every family consists of only one child).

Don't get me wrong, I do not use it every single day..... well, maybe I do, but only one or two times a day! One of my dear friends posted a loving comment on one of my posts about how married parents take for granted certain things. When you are dual parent household, tag teaming certain "duties" really does come in handy. But when you're a single parent, you don't have the luxury of one parent cleaning the kitchen after dinner while the other parent gets the kids bathed and ready for bed. Sometimes, in order for me to successfully make it through those stores I mentioned earlier, I have to resort to extreme measures. And if I had a penny for every time I said "if you don't stop it right now, I am putting these toys back!" Well, needless to say, I'd be rich and then I could just hire that "second parent". Actually I'd probably be rich already if it weren't for all those damn toys! (yes mama, I said damn.)

But there is a small part of me that really loves buying them things that make them so happy. Who am I kidding??? There is a LARGE part of me that loves it. I treasure every single second I have with my boys even if it forces me into bankruptcy. It's absolutely worth every penny!

And therein lies picture number 3. Today's end result of bribery. Quit looking at me like that..... I got what I needed in Target AND we had our first non video game night in weeks! It really works. I recommend it to all my friends! =)

3 of 365: Bribery...


Good night all!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.