Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Project 365: Day 72 - 100 Things About Me.....

So I saw this post from another blogger a while back and thought it would be a neat thing to work on. Can I come up with 100 details about myself??? Let's see:

1. I like beer. (First thing to come to mind 'cause I'm drinking one right now)
2. I have imaginary conversations with people often.
3. I have imaginary conversations with myself even more.
4. I think this might be because of the beer. (note to self - don't drink and type)
5. I live in Atlanta.
6. Well, I live in a suburb of Atlanta (but doesn't everybody?)
7. I prefer the mountains over the beach.
8. I have a low tolerance to heat.
9. Hence number 7.
10. I have twin boys.
11. My grandmother has twins boys.
12. Apparently that is hereditary.
13. I am currently separated.
14. My soon-to-be-ex and I are still very good friends.
15. I always feel the need to follow #13's statement with #14. ????
16. I have competed in two sprint triathlons.
17. I believe that "competed" is such a strong word.
18. I have completed two sprint triathlons.
19. I enjoy running very much.
20. I hated running when I was younger.
21. I have completed one marathon.
22. Sometimes when I'm walking down a long hallway, I have the sudden urge to do a cartwheel.
23. I'm not very good at cartwheels.
24. I like tattoos.
25. I have a few myself.
26. I'm not a big drinker, but I really craved beer when I was pregnant. Weird, I know.
27. I can't drink red wine.
28. The smell of vinegar makes my gag reflex go insane.
29. I'm relatively patient and overly optimistic about life.
30. I try to see problems from all sides.
31. I like to think that is what has helped me have a good relationship with my STBE.
32. Of course, I still get pissed sometimes, b/c I KNOW I'm right!
33. I am very impulsive.
34. I cut my own hair.
35. I have very curly hair, so now one knows the difference if I make a mistake.
36. I color my own hair, too. See? Impulsive. When I want something, I want it right then, before the moment passes.
37. I have a terrible memory.
38. Maybe that's why I'm so impulsive. I better do it right then or else I'll forget that I wanted it in the first place.
39. Because of my awful memory, I try to write down every time my boys say something really funny.
40. I think "Mama, my butt is all out of air" is my favorite one of all!
41. My parents were divorced when I was about two or three.
42. I was raised by my father and a wonderful step-mother (but don't tell her I called her that....)
43. There are only about 5 baby pictures of me.
44. I have literally thousands of pictures of my boys and they are only four.
45. They might be traumatized about that when they get older.
46. I have two brothers and one sister.
47. I am a co-middle child, but i have no complex about it whatsoever.
48. My youngest brother always got away with murder. (I know that's not about me, but still....)
49. I am very close to my siblings and my parents.
50. They all drive me crazy.
51. Wow, I just passed 50 and I'm exhausted. What......that's a fact, so it counts.....
52. I'm still not used to going days without my boys.
53. After having my boys alone for four days, I'm ready for a little break.
54. Yes, I can have my cake and eat it too.
55. I'm on day 72 of my project.
56. I love this project, because it forces me to journal my life in a way that I wouldn't have done so before.
57. This project is hard because it forces me to come up with material every single day.
58. I don't think my life is very interesting.
59. But it is very full (thank you boys).
60. I'm a nail biter.
61. Quitting smoking does not help curb the nail biting.
62. Smoking is grosser than nail biting.
63. I started smoking because my boyfriend smoked.
64. That was pretty stupid of me.
65. I quit smoking because my mom quit.
66. That was pretty smart of me.
67. I also quit smoking for the most obvious and important reason, my boys.
68. I love watching my boys engage in deep conversations with one another.
69. I also love when they engage in deep conversation with me.
70. I always wanted boys.
71. I never thought I could handle a teenage me.
72. I have been in the same profession for 14 years.
73. Growing up, I wanted to be a writer or Stevie Nicks.
74. I get the most compliments on my blue eyes.
75. I'm legally blind in one of them.
76. It would take a whole post to explain why.
77. I'm a very just person.
78. I believe in rules and people following them.
79. I have a degree in sociology.
80. I majored in human services and minored in criminal justice.
81. I work for a law firm. (seems fitting)
82. I can't type without looking at the keyboard.
83. But I can type very fast.
84. I love being a couch potato sometimes.
85. But I don't like laziness.
86. I hate scary movies. Really hate them.
87. I love British romantic comedies.
88. I love period films even more.
89. The last film I saw at the movies was Eat, Pray, Love.
90. Not as good as the book.
91. This year I've read four books.
92. That is a record for me.
93. I'm trying to teach my boys the joy that comes from reading.
94. Kind of hard when I just figured it out myself.
95. I want my boys to always feel secure.
96. I know that will always be hard because they shuffle between their parents.
97. Being a single parent is the hardest things I've ever done.
98. Being a happy single parent makes me proud.
99. I hope that my boys are proud of their mama.
100. I like to think they are.

72 of 365: Just a shot I like....



Good Night All!

0 comments: