Sunday, August 1, 2010

Project 365.....

So, I told you I was working on a project. Well, this is it. Over the next year, I will take pictures....... lots of pictures. Each day I will upload one from that day and I will talk about it. Or maybe I won't (talk about it, that is). It just depends on how my mood floats me. But each day, there will be something. Some sort of reminder of what took place that day; a photo-journal if you will.....

I am one of the gabillion who has a Facebook page and one of my "friends" talked about this project and it truly interested me. When our boys were first born, we took pictures.................. lots of pictures. But as they are growing, I am finding my time slipping away and very few photos to remind me of these precious moments. Therefore, I am making it a point to remember every single day, for one whole year.

I barely remember what I ate or even wore yesterday. And those are the things I don't really care about remembering (except when I want to make sure I don't wear the same outfit two days in a row to work - that would be awkward). But things like what my children ate, if they liked it, if they hated it, if they crinkled up their noses and refused to eat it in the first place; or things like what they wore or said or simply how their sweet faces looked that day. THOSE are the things I CANNOT afford to forget. Those are things that are most precious to me over all other things.

Now, some days I may not have photo commentary regarding them. Some days may consist of thoughts from my increasingly jumbled brain. On those days, I will consider it a survival tactic of sorts; a way to release some of that jumble junk my brain seems to love collecting.

But the rest of those days will be my boys and our journey on this road alone, just the three of us.

Happy Living All! (and I hope you enjoy)......

P.S. I will cheat on day one. Tomorrow's photo was actually taken today. I know......already I'm not following the rules....... So what! I can play however I want. =)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your project. What a wonderful idea! I will surely stay tuned for more! I love you girl! Kellie Dawn