Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Project 365: Day 45 - Glam Festivus for the Rest of us....

I'm going to keep it short and sweet tonight. Never in my life have I seen so many grandmas in tattoos and rocker shirts. I'm talking about the Adam Lambert concert folks. I've been to a lot of concerts (thanks sis) and this one takes the cake as far as multi-cultural goes. I was totally expecting the entire population of Atlanta's gays to come out in full force tonight. But I was utterly disappointed. I wanted fishnets and guy-liner, but instead I got grandparents and two year olds. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, a two year old was in attendance. (I actually frowned upon that). Why the hell would you bring a two year old to a rock concert?? The lights were outrageously bright and the music was extremely loud. That can't be good for tiny ears and eyes.

But all obvious observations aside, the show was quite entertaining. "The Glam Tour", as he called it, brought back fond memories of big hair bands of the 80's and left me shouting "I wanna rock!" (and I only actually knew one of his songs). The sightseeing was fun and the crowd was full of energy and life, even if half of them were older than my parents.

45 of 365: Laser beams and feathers.

(Sorry guys, I wasn't close enough to get the shot of the feathers, but they were present.)

Good Night All!

0 comments: