Thursday, September 16, 2010

Project 365: Day 47 - In Training........


I originally started blogging because I wanted to journal my transformation from being a mom with twins to being a triathlete mom with twins. I had fun with the experience, balancing my extensive training with raising toddlers. I didn't set out to help anyone. I just wanted a method of conveying my journey, a transformation diary if you will. And I enjoy going back from time to time and reading my stories of " what the hell'" and "have I lost my mind". And then I enjoy reading about the end of my journey, of finally becoming a triathlete. I ended up completing two within a few months of each other. Crossing the finish line both times was amazing. It was exhilarating and indescribable. It was almost a feeling of peace. For many months I had trained and conditioned myself to overcome the pain I felt when I didn't think I could do it anymore. I learned how to pace myself and turn to certain forms of energy just when I needed them, I rejoiced in the small accomplishments of cresting a mountain and I allowed myself small levels of defeat just so that I could appreciate the win even more when the battle was over.

I look back at this time in my life and I realize that I wasn't just training for a triathlon. I was preparing for the battle, for the trials I will face everyday as a single parent. I am learning to pace myself through the emotions of separation. I am conditioning myself to be able to quickly overcome the pain when I think I can't do it anymore. This separation is my small piece of defeat so that I can understand that this is a means to an end. This battle I will win. This battle I have already won. I am rejoicing.

After I realized I was to become a single mom, I decided to move my blog in a new direction: Journaling my transformation into a single mom of twins. Looking back, not much has changed. I'm still in training.

47 of 365: A shot of me and my boys after completing my first triathlon.


Good Night All!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheap and trendy deisgner clothing from ronkaclothing.com where we sell: Office Dresses, House of Harlow 1960 Jewelry, BCBG MAXAZRIA, ALICE by Temperley, Holiday Dresses, Badgley Mischka, Blu Moon, Fairground, Ardistia, T Necks, Alyce Designs, House of Harlow 1960 Sunglasses, http://www.eicop.org/c-952-crew.aspx, BCBG MAXAZRIA, Little Black Metallic Ring Homecoming Dresses by Mikael Aghal, Tiger Lily Jewelry, Shrugs and Wraps, Giles & Brother, Ravon, Qi, La Mer, Bop Basics, Jane Wang, Janique, Velvet, Robb and Hugo, Underwear, Theia, ASTARS, Siwy Denim, Dessy Group Flower Girls, Pants, Cut 25, Mary L Couture, Made Her Think, Lizzie Fortunato Jewels, BB Dakota, Sleepwear Tops, scarves, Chinese Laundry, Ambre Babzoe, Sundresses, Gemma Redux, Yuna Yang, Pelle Moda, Linea Pelle, Hale Bob, Shirt, Rachel Pally, Clutches, Vitamin A Gold/India Pink Shimmer, Lotion, Kirribilla, Soo Ihn Kim, Clutches, Missoni, Lotion, Carol Marie, N.D.C. Made by Hand - all available from our online designer clothing store at 50% off sale! Check out http://arts.harvard.edu - harvard university arts and fashion.
We admire work of Harvard University Arts and Fashion - best school of arts where great designers learn
how to create great looking designer clothing!