Saturday, October 2, 2010

Project 365: Day 63 - Girls' Night......


Starting a new job is always scary. You're the new kid on the block and it can be difficult to start feeling like you're part of the team. It can be even more difficult getting close to anyone you work with. At least close enough to go out and have drinks with. I consider myself a fairly outgoing person, but I still shy away from certain situations. That is until one person from work invited me out for a girls' night. So tonight was my exception.

There are so many great people at my new office. And with it, new opportunities to create new friendships. If I'm being honest, it's one of the reasons I chose to move on in my career in the first place. I knew that it was time for me to expand my horizons and discover relationships that I was not able to in my old job. I have several wonderful friends already, but logistics and distance prevent me from seeing them as often I would like. So the opportunity to go out with some new friends was something I could not pass up. I need the girl time and after nine months in this new town, I was well past due.

So I was invited out tonight for a much needed drink. Two great women from my office, one a semi-single mom and the other a single non-mom, and myself met for wine and great conversation. I'm the oldest of us three, but that didn't matter (although I seem to keep making a deal of it....... whatever.) We talked of relationships and lack thereof. We drank a few bottles of wine (over the whole course of the evening) and ordered the most fattening appetizers on the menu. It was nice enjoying the cool air on the patio of the bar and making plans for our next outings: slumber party, karaoke, and morning after brunch.

After marathon rounds of Star Wars and refereeing of my boys, the wine tasted great. I hope that we keep our plans of hanging out again. I really need to freshen up on my singing abilities.

63 of 365: Thanks ladies for a great evening. (I didn't get permission to use their picture in my blog, but something tells me they won't mind.)


Good Night All!

0 comments: