Saturday, August 7, 2010

Project 365: Day 6 - Joy....


Do you remember when you were a little kid and the only thing that matter was enjoying life? You searched out fun and happiness anywhere you could find it. You created whole worlds in your mind that only little kids could travel to. Not too much else mattered. Sleep, eat and fun and definitely not in that order.

It's a true shame that as we get older, that fades with every passing year. We forget how it feels to completely let go of all our insecurities, to open our imaginations to possibilities unknown, to spread our arms out as wide as they can go and simply spin. I honestly feel like that's why God put children on this earth. To remind of us of all the most important things: love, joy, happiness and fullfilment.

We grow up and we get consumed by all the wrong things, stress, fear, shame, loneliness, just to name a few. I thank God everyday that he gave me my children to replace these things with the things they feel so naturally. It takes no effort on their part. They know nothing other than doing the things that make them happy. But we, as adults, are burdened by our own life experiences. And naturally feeling the good in life no longer becomes part of our make-up. We have to work at it, struggle sometimes, in order to regain even a fraction of what a child's entire being is about.

My children have allowed me to struggle less and less with this. I sit back and watch the two of them live and love. I experience joy through them and everything else doesn't matter any more. It does not matter that I don't have the love of someone I once did. It does not matter that I have to worry about having enough money to pay for everything on my own now. It does not matter that my house hasn't been cleaned in three weeks. All that matters is spreading my arms out as wide as they can go and spinning.

Thank you boys for replacing all my bad with all your good.

6 of 365: Joy and Happiness............


Good night all!

0 comments: