Monday, August 9, 2010

Project 365: Day 8 - Excitement in many forms.....

I believe we would all agree that excitement comes in many forms. Jumping up and down. Letting out a high-pitched squeal (which could be awkward if you're a guy). Cart wheels down a long hallway. My excitement comes out through an uncontrollable smile. One that just won't seem to go away no matter how hard I try.

I love to watch people getting excited about things. It shows passion. It shows heart. It shows a level of feeling that you're not afraid to let shine, regardless of how ridiculous you may look. The ridiculousness is the best part. Because it shows that you are able to let go and just feel. Isn't that what life is all about anyway?

I love watching my boys get excited most of all. It's usually the result of getting a new toy or moving to a new challenge on a video game or pulling into the White Water Park parking lot. By my favorite form of their excitement comes when they are trying to tell me a story and they are so passionate about it that their words move faster than their mouths. And they get tongue tied and flustered, but when they finally make it to the end, they finish with a proud and resounding "And that's what REALLY happened!" Just awesome.

But today I witnessed a rare form of excitement. One that comes when you least expect it. It totally sneaks up and you and takes you by surprise. Today was the first day of Pre-K.

8 (a, b, and c) of 365: Can't you just feel the excitement oozing from their tiny little pores???......





Good Night All!

0 comments: